You can’t travel better if you don’t know what’s going on in the world around you. That’s why each week, ESSENCE will bring you the latest in trending travel news to keep you informed, discover new adventures, and provide you with useful tips that will help you journey deeper and cheaper.
This week, we’re shaking our heads at unruly passengers, keeping our eye on hurricane season and loving 2 for 1 deals to Asia. Basically, we’re showing you how to fly smarter and safer. You’re welcome.
Check out our weekly round-up of what’s trending in travel right now.
- Thomas Cook collapses, leaving thousands of travelers stranded
The British tour operator went out of business on Sunday night, stranding hundreds of thousands of travelers and putting 21,000 jobs at risk.
- Passenger Smoking Weed Causes Emergency Landing
An unidentified man apparently told fellow passengers that he was on cocaine, got up at one point and locked himself in the airplane bathroom.
- Emirates Just Released a Photo of Its First Class Bar Blinged Out in 500,000 Crystals
The photo was created by Sara Shakeel, an artist famous for blinging out mundane objects.
- Tropical Storms Jerry, Karen Impacting Travel
Meteorologists believe tropical-storm-force winds will start impacting the popular tourist destinations Tuesday.
- FLIGHT DEAL: Visit 2 Cities – United / All Nippon Airways – $734: Washington D.C.- Bangkok, Thailand and Tokyo, Japan. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Delta / KLM Royal Dutch – $438 (Regular Economy) / $338 (Basic Economy): New York – Amsterdam, Netherlands. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Boston to Mozambique for only $704 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: Los Angeles to Delhi, India for only $320 roundtrip