You can’t travel better if you don’t know what’s going on in the world around you. That’s why each week, ESSENCE will bring you the latest in trending travel news to keep you informed, discover new adventures and provide you with useful tips that will help you journey deeper and cheaper.
This week we’re celebrating the power of the Chinese people protesting and shutting down Hong Kong International Airport, side-eyeing the W Hotel in Washington, D.C. for introducing a new Sip and Slurp room service that’s definitely an acquired taste, reminding travelers to obey the rules in Rome or else, and plotting on our New Years Eve getaways as we type. Basically, we’re giving you everything you need to travel well and in style. You’re welcome!
Check out our weekly round-up of what’s trending in travel right now.
- Hong Kong Airport Cancels All Departing Monday Flights Amid Protests
Power to the people.
- The W Hotel’s New Room Service Will Set You Back Nearly $400
Do it for the ‘gram.
- Woman Hilariously Calls Out Her Sister for Fake Hiking Photo She Posted on Instagram
You ain’t gotta lie Craig.
- Sitting on Rome’s Spanish Steps Will Now Cost You $450 — and Police Mean It This Time
Just say no.
- FLIGHT DEAL: Singapore Air – $539: Los Angeles – Bali, Indonesia. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Delta – $583 (Regular Economy) / $463 (Basic Economy): Dallas / Miami / Phoenix / Charlotte – Nice, France. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: NEW YEAR: Non-stop from Boston to London, UK for only $346 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: 2 IN 1 TRIP: New York to Tokyo, Japan & Bangkok, Thailand for only $609 roundtrip