You can’t travel better if you don’t know what’s going on in the world around you. That’s why each week, ESSENCE will bring you the latest in trending travel news to keep you informed, discover new adventures, and provide you with useful tips that will help you journey deeper and cheaper.
This week, we’re helping you chill out inflight, avoid Airbnb scams, and chase the sun to the sandy shores of the Maldives. Check out our weekly round-up of what’s trending in travel right now.
- This house- and pet-sitting service helps you find free accommodations around the world
Trusted Housesitters matches people needing house and pet-sitters with people looking for a place to stay while traveling.
- JetBlue’s New Onboard Entertainment Includes Meditation Sessions to Help Passengers Chill During Turbulence
In partnership with the wellness app Inscape, JetBlue will soon introduce inflight options that allows passengers to stream 20 curated meditation sessions right from the seatback entertainment screens.
- You Can Eat Your Way Through France’s New Gastronomy Museum
The museum is situated in the Grand Hôtel-Dieu, a hospital building that dates back 800 years. Inside the museum, visitors can peruse exhibits about the history of French cooking and learn about the chefs who made the cuisine famous.
- NYCHA tenants put up unit for rent on Airbnb
Renters beware! There is evidence that tenants of a public housing apartment put their unit up for rent on Airbnb.
- FLIGHT DEAL: Miami – Amman, Jordan. $694. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Boston – Madrid, Spain. $423 (Regular Economy) / $283 (Basic Economy). Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Non-stop from New York to Paris, France for only $247 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: San Jose, California to Male, Maldives for only $505 roundtrip