You can’t travel better if you don’t know what’s going on in the world around you. That’s why each week, ESSENCE will bring you the latest in trending travel news to keep you informed, discover new adventures, and provide you with useful tips that will help you journey deeper and cheaper.
This week, we’re celebrating the hard work of nurses, navigating tourist bans in Australia and chasing the warmth of the sun to Medellin, Colombia. Check out our weekly round-up of what’s trending in travel right now.
- This Company Is Giving Nurses Free Flights to the Caribbean
CheapCaribbean is sending fifty nurses — and their plus-ones — on free flights to the tropical destination of their choice
- This Chicago hotel offers world’s only Shake Shack in-room dining service
You don’t have to be staying in the hotel to eat at this Shake Shack, but guests can dial room service between 3 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. to have juicy burgers and crinkle-cut fries delivered to any of the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel’s 241 rooms.
- ‘Flight Shaming’ Impacting Airlines’ Bottom Line
As travelers become more diligent about their carbon footprint, they are bypassing airlines and finding alternate ways to explore.
- Hundreds Line Up to Climb Australia’s Sacred Uluru Before It’s Banned Forever
The ban on climbing the rock was placed in 2017 although it only goes into effect this weekend. The Anangu aboriginal people have considered Uluru a sacred place for thousands of years. It was never meant to be climbed.
- FLIGHT DEAL: New York to Nairobi, Kenya for only $568 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: Los Angeles to the US Virgin Islands for only $302 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: Copa: Boston – San Jose, Costa Rica. $312. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Phoenix – Medellin, Colombia. $366. Roundtrip, including all Taxes