You can’t travel better if you don’t know what’s going on in the world around you. That’s why each week, ESSENCE will bring you the latest in trending travel news to keep you informed, discover new adventures, and provide you with useful tips that will help you journey deeper and cheaper.
This week, we’re getting ready to be WOWed (again), rewarding good deeds and living out our Indonesian dreams. Basically, we’re dishing out some travel feel good for the soul. Thank us later!
Check out our weekly round-up of what’s trending in travel right now.
- How luxury yacht vacation for black travelers allegedly went adrift
Black Travel Movement Founder Reginald Cummings is accused of scamming guests out of thousands.
- Get Ready for Cheap Flights to Iceland Again, Because WOW Air Is Making a Comeback
After abruptly ending service a few months ago, WOW Air is ready to take flight again.
- The Boy Who Used All of His Disney World Savings to Help Hurricane Dorian Evacuees, Will Get to Go After All
Six-year-old Jermaine Bell used all of his birthday savings to buy evacuees hot dogs, chips, and water. Now Disney is treating him to the ultimate dream vacation.
- Social Media Requirement for Visa Waivers May Have Chilling Effect on U.S. Tourism
The Homeland Security proposal is to require “social media user identifications (also known as usernames, identifiers, or handles)” for a number of mainstream social media networks.
- FLIGHT DEAL: United – $580 (Regular Economy) / $460 (Basic Economy): Los Angeles – Milan, Italy. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Qatar Airways – $819: Miami – Maputo, Mozambique. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
- FLIGHT DEAL: Non-stop from New York to Rome, Italy for only $274 roundtrip
- FLIGHT DEAL: New York to Jakarta, Indonesia for only $399 roundtrip