Best selling author and spiritual guru Deepak Chopra says preventing diseases that disproportionally affect the Black community like diabetes, hypertension, certain cancers and obesity is simple.

According to Chopra, who is also a physician, only 5 percent of disease-related gene mutations are unable to be stopped. That means the other 95 percent of what happens to our health is within our control.

To help prevent illness and inflammation in our bodies, Chopra says there are five simple things we all can do to live healthier lives. Even better? They’re free!

So what are Chopra’s 5 pillars of good health?

1. Get enough sleep
2. Meditate daily.
3. Control our emotions, especially anger
4. Exercise
5. Eat healthy

“That’s it. It’s really not even rocket science,” Chopra told the ESSENCE Festival crowd. “If you have these five things in your mind, you set the stage for self-regulation and healing.”