Between juggling school, work, sports and extra-curricular activities, family game night can really be a moment when everyone comes together to make lasting memories.
There’s no need to order takeout to make this fun-filled night complete. Everyone will win big with awesome eats you can create in your own kitchen.
This party calls for a game plan that everyone in the family can get behind.
And it all starts with quick, delicious dishes that taste even better when served with an ice-cold Coca-Cola that your whole crew will love.
Go grocery shopping for all of the ingredients you need so you are ready to cook before you smoke the competition.
You can start off by cooking together or get ahead of the fun by prepping these eats early to surprise all the players to keep them fueled up throughout the games.
So, grab your family, your favorite games and get ready for a great night in with our top 5 recipes and delicious Coca-Cola to bring everyone together!
SPINACH DIP | Makes 2 cups
- 1 10oz. package frozen spinach, thawed, drained
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Squeeze as much liquid out of the spinach as possible with a clean dishtowel or paper towels
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium-high heat
- Sauté shallot until soft, 3–5 minutes
- Stir in paprika, spinach, cream cheese, cream, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, until warmed through and slightly reduced—approx.. 8-10 minutes
- Add more cream if needed to reach desired consistency
- Serve with veggies, bread or chips
HOT TIP: Dip can be made 1 day ahead. Store in an airtight container and chill. Warm before serving.
NACHO PIZZA | Makes 6 slices
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded beef
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa (OPTIONAL)
- Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan, brush with oil
- Spread beans over crust, top with beef, tomatoes, jalapenos and cheese
- Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Serve with lettuce, sour cream and salsa (OPTIONAL)
PULLED PORK SLIDERS | Makes 12 servings
- 2-lb boneless pork loin roast
- 1 18oz jar of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- water, if needed
- 12 slider rolls
- Place pork in a slow cooker and add enough water to cover the bottom
- Cook on low for 7 hours
- Transfer pork to a bowl and shred with 2 forks
- Return pork to slow cooker and stir in barbeque sauce
- Continue to cook on low for 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Spoon into each roll
FRIED MAC & CHEESE BITES | Makes 8 servings
Macaroni and Cheese:
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mac & cheese
- nonstick cooking spray as needed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil as needed
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly.
- Slowly whisk in milk into the flour mixture, still whisking until sauce is smooth.
- Bring sauce to a boil; reduce to low heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in the shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and fold the pasta into the cheese sauce.
- Spray 6-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon mac and cheese into pan.
- Refrigerate for an 1 hour or until macaroni and cheese is completely cooled.
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in three separate bowl. Cut chilled macaroni and cheese into 16 pieces, cutting pan 4x
- Roll each macaroni and cheese bite as follows: First coat bite lightly with flour, then dip in eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook about half of the bites at one time, frying bites for 1-1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Drain bites on paper towels. Serve immediately
CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS | Makes 6 Servings
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 12 Butter lettuce leaves
- Coat a large non-stick with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes; drain.
- Add mushrooms, water chestnuts and ginger; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and remaining oil.
- Stir in the carrots, onions and chicken mixture.
- Spoon onto lettuce leaves.
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!