If you’re planning to escape for spring break, then you’re probably checking the off boxes on your to-do list before you set sail or take flight. You’ve confirmed your reservations, planned a week of Instagram worthy #OOTDs, and have even stocked up on travel-friendly beauty essentials.
Now that the easy task is taken care of, it’s time for the hard part — choosing your hairstyle. With less than ample room in our Calpaks for stowing away styling tools, this proves to be no easy feat for women with kinky curly hair.
Fortunately, protective styles like braids and twist are a practical way to tame our natural tresses while we travel and Instagram is crawling with inspiration.
We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite looks to get you ready for spring break.
1. These gorgeous braids with beads and cowrie shells have us ready to jet-set to somewhere tropical.
2. Goddess locs are pretty low maintenance and guaranteed to have you all smiles during your travels abroad.
3. If you don’t want weighty braids, crochet braids are a great alternative.
4. Box braids are our signature vacation hairstyle.
5. Faux locs will keep your strands intact through spring break and beyond.
6. Rope twist are one of our vacation favorites.
7. This braided undercut is super fly.
8. If the humidity is no issue when this is your ‘fro goals.
9. We love this wet and wavy bob.
10. Sew in wefts of heat free hair to achieve a voluminous look that won’t fall flat.
11. Bantu knots are a hassle-free way to style your strands.
12. Channel your inner Beyoncé with flawless lemonade braids.
13. Cornrows are a foolproof way to keep your strands from sticking to your face while in warm climates.