My hair is…In transition.
I started my journey…Two times previously, but I lost patience with the mid-length growing out process. This time around I stuck with it and have been natural since April 2013.
My current regimen consists of…
· Monthly washings with T-Gel therapeutic shampoo to control dandruff and cradle cap.
· Bi-weekly washings with Inflúance moisturizing shampoo
· Trims every 2-4 months
My Favorite products include…
1. Perfect Edges by Creme of Nature
2. BioSilk Silk Therapy Oil
3. Organic Root Stimulator Coconut Oil
4. Smooth N Shine Polishing spray-on polisher
My biggest challenge is…learning to deal with the mid-length stage. I has always been an awkward phase for me, hence this is my third attempt at going natural. Now I am using sew-ins and braids to avoid the mid-length awkward stage.
The secret to having healthy hair is…keeping it clean, conditioned, trimmed, and avoiding too much heat by constantly flat ironing.
I love my hair because…each kink and curl is a gift from God reminding me of my rich African heritage. It’s thick and versatile; curls when it gets wet or I can wear it straight.
My hair crush is…Tanika Ray, co-host of Oh Sit!, formally of Extra.