Shari Smith started her natural hair journey after her wedding in 2011. “I decided I no longer wanted to chemically process my hair when I realized I can get it just as straight without chemicals,” she says. Here, she shares her story and natural hair successes.
My hair is…natural.
I started my hair journey…in 2011.
My current hair regimen includes…
• Weekly co-washes with Tresemme conditioner.
• Monthly shampoos with Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo.
• Bi-weekly deep conditioning treatments with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter deep treatment masque.
• Trims every 6 mths.
My favorite hair products include…
• Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
• Cantu Shea Butter Leave in
• Fantasia IC Styling Gel
• Coconut Oil
• Fantasia IC Heat Protector Straightening Serum
The secret to having healthy hair is… Leave it alone, I try not to mess with it too much and finger comb throughout the week.
My biggest hair challenge is… Controlling my thick hair, I break all hair ties and pins don’t help unless I have alot.
I love my hair because… It is versatile, I can be straight one day and curly the next.
My hair crush is… Joan from Girlfriends.