Angora sweaters aren’t the only thing making us itch this season. Winter’s frigid temperatures and dry winds can be pretty unforgiving on our hair and scalps
, causing flakes and brittleness.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter for the latest in hair, beauty, style and celebrity news.
Incorporating nutrient rich hair products that hydrate and moisturize strands will be essential for maintaining the health of your hair in 2017
and keeping an irritable scalp at bay. While we can’t regulate temperatures outside, we can definitely keep our mane in check by leveling up on products.
Don’t let winter suck the life out of your hair, keep your curls and protective styles popping with these lifesaving hair gems:
1. A hydrating shampoo or co-wash
Hydrate and protect your hair from winter elements by working this moisture rich and sulfate free co-wash containing Shae Butter and Aloe Vera from the scalp to the hair shaft.
2. A daily styler that locks in moisture (on curly and heat-styled strands)
This daily replenishing moisturizer hydrates strands and seals in moisture, while enhancing shine, strength, and manageability.
3. A scalp exfoliator for regulating dandruff and irritation
Work this scalp saver through your hair before shampooing to remove product buildup. It feels like a dream!
4. An oil of your choice for added moisture or an overnight treatment
Reduce excessive shedding and breakage this season with this light weight natural oil that binds hair to the hair shaft while locking in moisture.
5. A deep conditioner or mask for when your hair needs a pick-me-up
Reverse winter damage with this nourishing hair mask that contains almond milk, aloe butter and shea. Massage into wet hair and leave on for 5 to 7 minutes, allowing ingredients to penetrate your hair and then rinse to reveal softer and stronger locks.
6. A vitamin for stimulating growth and decreasing chances of hair loss
7. A silk pillowcase for keeping frizz away while you sleep
Sick of seeing frizz every morning? Replace your abrasive cotton pillowcase with a silk or satin one. The material reduces friction, so your hair isn’t overly manipulated as you sleep.