Your cheat sheet on the chicest sales to shop this season!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Ready to hit up your favorite boutiques for those shoes and bags you’ve been eyeing forever? Shop It To Me, an online personal shopping assistant that scours the web for sales on the exact items you want, has a few tips and tricks to help you make it through the mayhem:
- Don’t Be Fooled – When is a sale a really good deal? If it’s more than 42% off. You can look for higher average discounts in other months, but in November and December –– that’s the percentage you want to beat.
- The Early Bird Gets The Worm – Morning is the best time of day to shop since online retailers make markdowns in the wee hours.
- Shop Online – The past two years online-only retailers like Shopbop, Piperlime, Zappos and Net-a-Porter offered better discounts than specialty retailer sites and department store dot-com shops.
- Just Throw It In The Bag – “The beauty of the internet is that you can pick something up with a click of a button. So let’s say you like an item but aren’t sure whether to purchase it. You can think a little more about it and keep track of it by simply placing it in your shopping cart,” explains Shop It To Me Chief Stylist, Annie Ladino.
- Know The Return Policy – “Final sales can be tricky, but when a site offers a free shipping and free returns policy, consider getting the item you want in two different colors or different sizes. It will be delivered to you at no charge and you can try it on in the comfort of your home,” says Ladino.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!