is_singular( 'article' ): 1
Article video enabled.
youtube : 6218
Article has inline video, so at the end.
ESSENCE Fest favorite Charlie Wilson is an R&B legend who started his career in 1967 by performing with his brothers in a legendary group called, The Gap Band. In 2010, the group decided to move on from performing together and Wilson became one of the most saught-after solo artists in the game.
By lending his smoot vocals and golden touch to some of the biggest pop and Hip Hop records of the last decade, Charlie Wilson became “Uncle Charlie” to the new generation of musicians and their fans.
Nevertheless, the longtime musician delivers his genuine sound and uplifting content every time he hits the stage and the studio. In celebration of his addition to the 2015 ESSENCE Festival, which will be his seventh appearance, we wanted to gather a list of his greatest collaborations. From Snoop Dogg to Beyonce and Jay Z, the biggest names in music seem to love “Uncle Charlie” almost as much as we do.
1. “Computer Love (Remix)” with Zapp & Roger (1985)
2. “It’s Gonna Be Alright” with Aaron Hall (1992)
3. “Beautiful” with Snoop Dogg & Pharrell (2002)
4. “Signs” with Snoop Dogg & Justin Timberlake (2004)
5. “Mi Casa” with Notorious B.I.G. (2005)
6. “Download” with Lil’ Kim and T-Pain (2009)
7. “G.O.O.D. Friday” with Kanye West, Common, Pusha T, Kid Cudi & Big Sean (2010)
8. “See Me Now” with Beyonce, Jay Z and Kanye West (2010)
9. “Bound 2” with Kanye West (2013)
10. “Spend All My Time” with Marsha Ambrosius
What’s your fave Charlie Wilson collab? Tweet us @EssenceFest with your thoughts!
Don’t miss Charlie Wilson at this year’s ESSENCE Fest! Click here to buy your weekend passes! Check out the rest of the Festival line-up here. Stay tuned to ESSENCE Festival for all things #EssenceFest! Join the #EssenceFest community by following us on Twitter @EssenceFest and Facebook.