The 19-year-old Muslim model is set to take over the fashion world.
Halima Aden is taking the fashion world by storm.
After signing with IMG less than a week ago, the Muslim model made her New York Fashion Week debut at Yeezy Season 5 wearing her hijab and a floor-length tan fur coat from the collection.
It was a statement that not only turned heads, but got the industry buzzing about the stunning newbie who stole the show on the catwalk.
Take a peek at the five things to know about Halima Aden.
1. She's only 19 and has already made history: When Aden signed with IMG only five days ago, she became their first hijab-wearing model ... ever. She also landed a shoot with CR Fashion Book. "I signed with the top modeling agency in the WORLD and still wore my hijab as my crown. Don't ever change yourself ... Change the game," Aden wrote on Instagram after her contract was official. "I am so excited to join the @imgmodels family and spread the message that diversity IS beauty."
Gigi Hadid, who is also signed to IMG was quick to welcome her to the family. Not long after Aden's CR Fashion Book snap was released, Hadid shared the photo on her Instagram. "HALIMA #CR10Paris," she captioned it.
2. Aden competed in the 2017 Miss USA Competition: The Minnesota teen made headlines in November when she competed in the state's Miss USA competition wearing a hijab, and a burkini during the swimsuit portion. After the competition, she wrote on Instagram, "Beauty isn't a one size fits all. We need to celebrate everyone and welcome those who are different than us. This year has had so much negativity, it's time to move away from the hate and learn to accept. I'm choosing LOVE because a nation that doesn't stand together will fall."
3. She was born in a Kenyan refugee camp and didn't have her sights set on becoming a model: "I didn't really have modeling in mind," Aiden, who later became an American citizen, told BoF. "I wanted to spread a positive message about beauty and diversity, and to show other young Muslim women that there is room for them."
4. She already has over 34,000 Instagram followers ... and counting: Just one look at her Instagram feed will show you why. Aside from the stunning selfies she shares on the 'gram, Aden also posts inspirational mantras...and she has a witty sense of humor.
5. She's a freshman at St. Cloud University: Back in December, CNN reported that Aden said her experience living in a refugee camp inspired her to become a UN ambassador one day, so she can give back to children who faced the same adversity that she did.
This article originally appeared on Instyle.com.