While it may sometimes be difficult to step outside your (fashion) comfort zone, we encourage you to switch up your wardrobe by trying a new trend (or a few…) this year.
Keep reading for five hot fashion trends to try this year.
1. Wear purple — Last month, Pantone named Ultra Violet as the color of 2018 so we expect to see various shades of the hue this year. Instead of wearing your usual favorite colors, try incorporating this lush shade of purple into your wardrobe for spring.
2. Get inspired by the ’90s — From logomania to the return of fanny pack, ’90s-inspired fashion is definitely having a moment for 2018. Wear your favorite designer’s name on your sleeve (or everywhere for that matter) this year, and consider swapping your crossbody bag for a belt bag (a.k.a. fanny pack.)
3. Try a suit — Whether you work in a corporate environment that requires you to dress up each day or not, this year is the perfect time to buy a suit. Ever since the launch of #PantsuitNation when Hillary Clinton ran for president, we’ve seen a resurgence in the power suit. A number of designers also sent chic suits down the runway for Spring 2018.
4. Go sheer — While you may normally think of lingerie when you think of transparent clothing, designers have incorporated the fabric into ready-to-wear for this year. When worn with the right amount of coverage underneath or on top, you can try everything from sheer blouses to mesh skirts this year.
5. Dress up in fringe — While sequins and LBDs have consistently been the MVPs when it comes to dressing up, we saw a lot of fringe on the Spring 2018 runways that will inspire you to change it up. Why not try a dress with fringe detailing, or even fringe-inspired earrings or a clutch, for your next night out?
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!