BUYING TICKETS TO THE FESTIVAL
1. What kind of access do I get with my Festival concert ticket?
With your concert ticket, you gain entry into the Louisiana Superdome. You will have a designated seat to experience the Main Stage performances. Once you are in the Superdome, you can experience all the performances that night in the Superlounges on the Lounge level for no additional fee or ticket. Everyone MUST have a ticket to get into the Superdome.
2. What do I get with a VIP ticket package?
Our Festival VIP package gets you the best seats in the Superdome, exclusive access and much more. Find the full package benefits include:
• Front, center-stage seating at the Superdome
• VIP All Access passes backstage at the Superdome, with complimentary cocktails and food
• Exclusive ESSENCE Festival invitations to official weekend events (additional purchase may be required)
• VIP seating at the ESSENCE® Empowerment Experience at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
• Limited edition 2016 ESSENCE Festival welcome tote bag
• Limited edition commemorative Festival T-shirt
• Complementary one-year subscription to ESSENCE® Magazine
• Plus much more!
3. When will single night tickets go on sale?
Single night tickets will be on sale in the weeks leading up to the Festival. We suggest you buy a weekend ticket package as those discounted prices are available for a limited time. Get tickets here. Sign up for our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter to get the latest on our lineup.
TRAVELING TO THE FESTIVAL
1. When's the best time to travel?
The 2016 ESSENCE Festival starts on Thursday, June 30th and officially ends the late evening of Sunday, July 3rd. If you're traveling into New Orleans, we recommend you come into the city on Wednesday and leave on Monday, July 4th.
2. Where is the Festival located?
The Festival is located in New Orleans, Louisiana, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and the Louisiana Superdome with other locations to be announced. Get more info here.
3. Can I drive to New Orleans for the Festival?
Yes and parking is available at the Convention Center and Superdome (based on availability and subject to fees). Get directions here.
4. Are there airline packages?
Airline package are not available through the Festival at this time. Please reach out to your select travel agent to make your flight reservations.
5. What are the hotel options?
Find our list of preferred hotels and book your rooms here.
1. Where does the Festival take place?
Our FREE activities during the day take place at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. This includes our ESSENCE® Empowerment Experience, Empower U, The Shops at ESSENCE (including ESSENCE Eats, our Art & Marketplace, the Community Corner and Screening Room) and much of our sponsor activities. Our evening concerts take place at the Louisiana Superdome. Any other event locations will be confirmed.
2.How can I get directions to the Festival venues?
You can get directions here.
3. Are there restrictions to what I can bring into the Superdome?
The following items are prohibited: animals (with the exception of service dogs), backpacks/knapsacks, banners, containers of any kind, contraband, glass, laser pointers, noise makers, projectiles, sticks, bats, poles or clubs; video and audio recording devices with lenses that are longer than six (6) inches); weapons of any kind and other items deemed inappropriate by SMG/Landmark
4. Will there be any bag checks at the event?
Yes, all large bags will be thoroughly checked upon entry to all venues, including the Superdome, Convention Center and any other locations of our official weekend events.