Tons of new music dropped Friday, including new albums from Vince Staples and Swizz Beatz. There’s also rumored to be an album on the way from one of our favorite hip-hop duos, City Girls.
And with tons of artists dropping singles this week, the music cycle was a lot to keep up with. So we’ve waded through it all to bring you nine new singles we couldn’t stop playing this week.
1. Pell – “Early”
The rapper’s latest track is a nod to dreamers who get up and grind despite facing adversity. The sound of the single reflects the hustle of Pell’s city, New Orleans, which he told ESSENCE “is a different breed” when it comes to hustling.
2. Teyana Taylor – “Gonna Love Me” Remix
Taylor has officially shared the much buzzed about remix for “Gonna Love Me,” which features three members of the Wu-Tang Clan: Method Man, Ghostface Killah, and Raekwon. Fans who were quick enough got a chance to hear the remix on SoundCloud back in October, but now the track has arrived for all to enjoy.
3. Brett Gray – “S.O.S”On My Block actor Brett Gray continues to show off his vocal talents with new single “S.O.S.” This week Gray shared the single and animated visuals, created by Yuki Radcliffe, which explore heartbreak and unrequited love.
4. THEY. featuring Jessie Reyez – “Broken”
The latest from rapidly rising duo THEY., “Broken” mixes chill vibes with aching lyrics made all the more melancholy with Reyez’s vocals. The new single is from the alt-R&B duo’s upcoming EP, Fireside.
5. Ruth B – “Crave”Singer-songwriter Ruth B has teamed up with famed producer D’Mile for her latest single, “Crave.” The song is the latest follow-up to her recent track, “Rare,” and her 2017 debut album, Safe Haven.
6. Vince Staples – “FUN!”
Staples has released the perfect follow-up to 2017’s Big Fish Theory with his latest album, FUN! The 22-minute project includes features from Earl Sweatshirt, Kehlani, Jay Rock, and more.
7. Swizz Beatz featuring 2 Chainz – “Stunt”
Swizz Beatz didn’t hold back on his latest project, Poison, which sees artists like Kendrick Lamar, Pusha T, Lil Wayne, and more, joining the rapper-producer on a few tracks. Our favorite so far? “Stunt,” which sees Beatz and 2 Chainz doing what they do best.
8. Young Fathers – “Cocoa Sugar”
It’s hard to describe what “Cocoa Sugar,” the latest offering from Young Fathers, sounds like. Melodic, chaotic, and empathetic, the group told NPR that the song was written during a time when “a lot of refugees that were traveling from Syria were trying to get to Europe. It was basically the story of a father.”
9. Dave B. – “Pretty”
Seattle rapper Dave B. recently dropped “Pretty,” a single from his forthcoming album Bleu. The soulful track explores self-esteem in the age of social media and features production by Vitamin D and Papi.