Yara Shahidi to co-star in Anthony Anderson lead series, Sunny Hostin to host new legal show, Halle Berry talks post-baby body and motherhood, Mathew Knowles could be facing contempt charges.
See what we’re chatting about over hot cocoa:
- Grammy-winning producer Timothy “Timbaland” Mosley has signed on to be a part of Lee Daniels’ hip-hop drama Empire. Timbaland will be the series songwriter and producer. The show, starring Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson, is described as a family drama set in the world of a hip-hop empire, it will feature original and current music. [EW]
- Yara Shahidi who plays a young Olivia Pope on ABC’s Scandal is set to co-star in the network’s untitled Anthony Anderson project. The show, previously titled Black-ish, follows an upper-middle-class man (Anderson) struggling to raise his children with a sense of cultural identity. Shahidi will play his teenage daughter who is always on her phone. [Deadline]
- Sunny Hostin who appeared as an occasional panelist on Anderson Cooper’s show and is known for her role as a Fox News panelist on the O’Reilly Factor will host her own half-hour legal program, Making the Case, alongside Mark Geragos. The show will be a test, running for 5 weeks and is set to premiere on March 10 on CNN. [HollywoodReporter]
- Halle Berry stopped on the red carpet to talk about her post-baby body and being a new mother again. The star wore a vintage Versace gown, admitting that Versace is not only a go-to designer for an amazing dress but that particular option was great for her current situation. “It’s one of Gianni’s last pieces. I never go wrong with Versace. I love Versace. And you know, I’m not quite where I want to be with my body, so this was a great dress for me to wear tonight.” The star also shared that she loves having an infant around again and that motherhood is “fantastic.” [E!News]
- Mathew Knowles may be facing contempt charges in the State of California. According to child support records, Knowles is $44,289.32 behind on child support payments to AlexSandra Wright, with whom he shares a son, Nixon. As of March 1, a California court began to file contempt charges and the file is said to be mostly prepared. Knowles did not respond to a request for comment. [Radar]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!