Issa Rae finally addressed the rumor that she had blown off Drake at a Golden Globes afterparty earlier this year. And she is assuring us that it definitely was not the case.
The Insecure star was a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Thursday night when she explained that her apparent missed opportunity with the “In My Feelings” rapper was #fakenews.
“That would never happen,” Rae said of the possibility of turning Drake down.
According to Rae, who appeared in Drake’s “Nice For What“ video, she was heading into the HBO Golden Globes party when she ran into Drake on his way out.
“I’ve been looking for you all night,” he told Rae, who called his words “the most magical word ever.” Apparently, he was heading to the Netflix party and asked her to tag along.
But she couldn’t go because she was obligated to attend the party of the network that actually hosts her popular show. So she told him she couldn’t go.
“[HBO is] the network that puts on my show on,” she said. “I couldn’t just ditch the party and go to the Netflix party…even though that’s what I really wanted to do.”
Later it was reported by E! News that Issa had turned Dake down, a move which she told Colbert “would never happen.”
She even took to Twitter the day the rumor dropped to debunk the story with a tweet.
*Obsessed Fan Who Dedicated Entire Season to Artist Continues to Shamelessly Fangirl When She Sees Him at Party Later,” she wrote.Share :