Cuba Gooding, Jr. turned himself into police for the second time this year as he continues to face new allegations of sexual misconduct.
Gooding’s lawyer confirmed to TMZ that he had indeed turned himself after police have now charged him with two additional counts of sexual misconduct; bringing the total to four. The Oscar winner pleaded not guilty, according to Fox News.
“New: Cuba Gooding Jr. pleads not guilty to sexual misconduct charges alleged by 2 women. Prosecutors say they have 12 additional women willing to testify against Cuba,” Bryan Llenas tweeted Tuesday.
Earlier this week, three new women came forward, accusing Gooding of an alleged “pattern” of sexual misconduct in Manhattan bars and restaurants, the New York Post reports. The new accusers include a woman who claims the actor grabbed her behind at a midtown restaurant in 2008 and another who says he pulled the same stunt in a nearby restaurant in 2013. Details involving the third alleged new victim are not clear.
Gooding’s lawyer told People in a statement that the new allegations aren’t “credible.”
“Reportedly, there have been three additional ladies claiming sexual misconduct on Cuba’s part, one going as far back as 2008. None of those is credible,” Heller said. “They certainly won’t be incorporated into the indictment for which we’ll appear in court tomorrow.”
The new accusations come after it was alleged this summer that Gooding, Jr. groped a woman’s breast at a New York City bar. He defended himself against that accusation, claiming that surveillance video from the bar exonerated him.
“I trust the system,” he told TMZ at the time. “There’s a tape that shows what really happened. That’s the most important thing.”
During a criminal court appearance for that case last week, it was revealed that Gooding Jr. had also faced charges in a different alleged October 2018 attack. He also denies that incident.