"Surgery a success! Dr. Repaired 3 hernial tears (fun pain)," tweeted Johnson.
See what flavor brew we’ve got bubbling:
• Dwayne Johnson is recovering nicely from emergency surgery, according to People. The pro wrestler went under the knife to repair a torn abductor and abdomen muscles. Johnson was injured during his championship match against John Cena on April 7 before 80,000 fans in New Jersey. “Surgery a success! Dr. Repaired 3 hernial tears (fun pain). Superman is on the mend,” he tweeted. Because of his sudden injuries, Johnson was unable to attend the Hollywood premiere of his latest film Pain and Gain. [People]
• Robin Givens has landed a recurring role on ABC Family’s drama Twisted. The veteran actress will play Judy, the extroverted mom of Lacey. Givens also has two films on the horizon for this year—Je’Caryous Johnson’s Marriage Material and Double Sided. [Deadline]
• President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle will attend the dedication of the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum this coming Thursday at Texas’ Southern Methodist University. According to reports, all living presidents and spouses are invited to the event. The First Couple most recently attended a Boston interfaith service, at which President Obama delivered remarks before the crowd. [NBC]
• In related news, the financial market briefly plummeted yesterday after a fake Associated Press tweet said the president was injured in an explosion in the White House. After the AP announced their Twitter account was hacked, stocks rebounded. [Washington Post]
• Dr. Maya Angelou, 85, is recovering at her North Carolina home after a brief hospital stay, reports the Associated Press. The legendary author is being ordered not to travel over the next three or for weeks. She has since canceled an appearance at Butler University for Thursday. It’s unclear why she was hospitalized. [Grio]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!