Tamela Mann's brand new album One Way is in stores now and we've got a list of reasons why you'll want to make sure she's on your radar.
Gospel songstress Tamela Mann just released her highly-anticipated new album One Way and if you’re not familiar just yet, we’ve got just the thing to fix that.
While Tamela’s powerhouse voice, fabulous personal style and positive demeanor are all more than enough reason for you to keep up with what she’s got going on, here are 10 more facts about her to add to the list.
1. She’s a southern belle; born and raised in Texas.
2. One Way features production from top-notch music industry masterminds like Kirk Franklin and Timbaland.
3. When she’s not singing God’s praises, she is brining the laughs alongside her husband David on Tyler Perry’s scripted comedy series “Meet The Browns,” and their newest comedy series “Mann & Wife.”
4.She was a featured soloist on Kirk Franklin’s popular inspirational song “Lean On Me.”
WANT MORE FROM ESSENCE? Subscribe to our daily newsletter for the latest in hair, beauty, style and celebrity news.
5. She has a son named David Jr. a daughter named Tia.
6. Tamela describes the song “God Provides” (track number 4 on One Way) as the follow up to her Grammy-nominated Gospel anthem “Take Me To The King.”
7. She and her husband have their own relaity show on BET titled “It’s A Mann’s World.”
8. Tamela had a role in the 2012 remake of Sparkle alongside Jordin Sparks and Whitney Houston.
9. Tamela and her husband David recently celebrated 28 years of marriage this past spring.
10. The One Way album was released on September 9 and is available now!
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!