Television personality and beauty expert Paul Wharton was a teenager when cystic acne ended his promising modeling career. With limited options in front of the camera, he began coaching others behind-the-scenes, and made a name for himself as a beauty and fashion go-to guy on shows like Mtv’s Made, Vh-1’s The Agency, and TV Land’s She’s Got The Look.
Through all of this, he continued working on his skin, spending thousands of dollars and countless hours consulting experts who only made things worse. Intense medications and treatments left him with burned and scarred skin, dried out lips and the threat of liver damage.
Frustrated, he decided to stop seeing the ‘experts’ and began experimenting with remedies of his own. And thanks to a consistent routine, his skin gradually cleared up. Today, Paul is the Fashion and Lifestyle Contributor for FOX 5 Morning Show in DC, and rarely does a day goes by when he doesn’t receive compliments and questions about his skin.
He created the Paul Wharton Beauty Skincare line because he knows that “beautiful skin has a formula” and for black skin the right formula is everything! So, for those of us who want a complete system of products that work, actress Vivica Fox says, “Paul Wharton’s Skin Care line gave my skin a glow that I didn’t even know was missing!”
Here are 7 things his collection will do for black skin:
1. For Hyperpigmentation, the result of skin that makes too much melanin and creates dark spots, Paul says, “You need ingredients that will address the surface without stripping the skin or damaging it further, so hydration is key.” All Paul Wharton Beauty products contain additives that help to keep the cells of the skin thoroughly hydrated by incorporating ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E and Vitamin B5.
He’s also got a daily serum and Botanic Youth Moisturizer that contain natural inhibitors of melanin production such as Ferulic Acid and Emblica Extract.
2. Paul Wharton Beauty products also address Hypopigmentation, the loss of color when the skin doesn’t make enough melanin. This happens when additives in skincare products burn, irritate and cause inflammation to the skin, by using naturally-derived ingredients, free of all parabens, sulfates and bleaching agents.
3. For Acne, Paul says, “Our goal is to provide the most powerful ingredients in natural form, without drying the skin or stripping it of its natural moisture.”
His Beauty Detox & Define Cleanser contains Willow Bark (a natural source of Salicylic Acid), which helps to address acne at the root to kill off bacteria, and calm inflammation. It also has Witch Hazel and Tea Tree Oil that help aid in the reduction and healing of acne breakouts.
4. Ingrown Hairs, aka curly hairs that grow back into the skin, clogging the follicle, are no match for Paul Wharton Beauty’s Revive & Reveal Exfoliating Micro Derm Scrub with Volcanic Ash and Sugar Cane.
Sounds amazing! It gently sweeps away dead skin cells and debris that cause ingrown hairs, while infusing skin with essential antioxidants and vitamins to reveal a brighter, smoother and more radiant complexion.
5. Tone Uneven Skin
“When toning skin, the key is getting the old dead skin cells and all of the dirt and toxins that get trapped under them removed and creating an environment for the skin to function exquisitely to form fresh new skin cells. My Tone & Glow ($35, paulwhartonbeauty.com) is key for achieving that youthful glow because it has amazing soothing properties and Vitamin b5, which add intensive hydration to your skin that helps form new skin cells,” says Paul.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter for the latest in hair, beauty, style and celebrity news.
6. Keeps Black From Cracking
Paul Wharton Beauty helps guard against the crack with its Resurface & Receive Anti-Aging Cleanser ($35, paulwhartonbeauty.com). He says, “Both Green and White Tea Leafs are used as potent antioxidants with powerful anti-inflammatory benefits that help prevent collagen breakdown and UV damage that makes black crack. Even my grandma uses my products saying, ‘Just because I’m 91 doesn’t mean I have to look it!’”
7. Fades Dark Marks
“The first step to lightening dark marks safely is to constantly exfoliate and protect your skin from future damage,” says Paul. “The Lactic acid in my anti-aging cleanser gently exfoliates dead skin cells, while my Botanic Youth Global Therapy Creme, will support healthy melanin production to regulate hyperpigmentation and fade dark spots.”
The result is a more radiant, hydrated and even skin tone. Paul is also working on an advanced spot diminisher that will correct skin discoloration caused by UV damage and sun exposure.
To learn more about the Paul Wharton Beauty Line, visit PaulWhartonBeauty.com! (Photo Credit: Chris Mills)Share :