Hip Hop lyricist, Dej Loaf gave us the ultimate nighttime look. The rapper-songstress looked stunning at the 2015 BET hip hop awards and made a case for contouring done right. She paired glossy nude lips with mega lashes and shimmery matte lids. Here are a few tips to take from her look for your next big night out!
1. For evening in the spotlight, or more intimate settings with candlelight, use a concealer that is one shade lighter than your natural skintone. Using a beauty sponge, blend the concealer into the area underneath the eyes, upwards into the cheekbones and the high plains of the face—bridge of the nose, chin, bow of the lip, brow bone and forehead.
2. If your eye makeup is a little on the dramatic side, keep your lips simple. This glossy nude Dej Loaf is sporting is perfect. For a similar look, try Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Dainty.
3. Prime your lids before applying shadow to avoid any creasing. To get this glam rock shimmery eye, try Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Oil Slick.
4. Finish by setting your makeup with a translucent powder.
5. Practice your fiercest pose and sultry stare.
RELATED: Black Girl’s Guide to Strobing
Tell us what you think of the look in the comments below!