So you can’t make it down to New Orleans to celebrate Mardi Gras, but nothing is stopping you from bringing the Boot to you. Celebrate Fat Tuesday in style with a festive makeup look and a grenade—or two— with your girls.
1. MAC Plushglass Lipgloss in Ample Pink ($20, at macys.com)
2. LIT Cosmetics Glitter Pigment in Cher ($13, at beauty.com)
3. MAC Powder Blush in Desert Rose ($22, at maccosmetics.com)
4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Fishnet ($19, at urbandecay.com)
What better way to laissez les bons temps rouler than with a beauty look with a little shimmer? Play-up Mardi Gras’ signature purple, green and gold colors by adding a little shimmer. Take a cue from Flawless Beauty By Amanda and add a feline flick for good measure.
1. Maybelline New York Color Tattoo Pure Pigments Loose Powder Shadow in Wild Gold ($6.99, at drugstores)
2. E.L.F Cosmetics Sunkissed Glow Bronzer ($2, at elfcosmetics.com)
3. Coastal Scents Hot Pot Eyeshadow in Deep Grape and Eggplant ($1.95, at coastalscents.com)
If you’re feeling festive, turn your eyes into a canvas and bedazzle themwith gliter and jewels like Emanuele Castelli.
1. Makeup Geek Pigment in Utopia ($8.99, at makeupgeek.com)
2. Chanel Sublime de Chanel Infinite Length and Curl Mascara ($32, at chanel.com)
3. LIT Cosmetics Holographic Glitter Pigment ($13, at beautylish.com)
Leave it up to makeup artist, Ellarie, to craft a Mardi Gras look that you’ll want to wear all year round.
1. LA Girl Matte Pigment Gloss in Black Currant ($5, at lagirlusa.com)
2. NYX Cosmetics Liquid Crystal Liner in Crystal Gold ($4.50, at nyxcosmetics.com)
3. LA Girl Gel Glide eyeliner Pencil in Purple Paradise ($5, at lagirlusa.com)
4. House of Lashes Boudoir Lashes ($12, at houseoflashes.com)
Borrow a beauty look from Carneval and play with purple paint and rhinestone-embellished lashes like Shameless Maya.
1. Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation ($42, at sephora.com)
2. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in 109 ($5, at drugstores)
3. Profusion Cosmetics 28 color Palette Eye Shadow ($3.49, at profusioncosmetics.com)