By now we we’re all well aware of the Fenty Beauty frenzy.
After dropping the first installment of her makeup collection, Rihanna sent Sephora stores and customers around the globe into a complete frenzy. For what felt like the first time ever, there was a major beauty drop that was inclusive to seemingly every skintone.
With 40 shades of the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation it quickly became one of the hottest items in the collection. And after nearly two months since the initial drop, many of the deeper more melanated shades are still sold out on Sephora.com.
While we love Rih, and live for Fenty Beauty, we still want the 440, 450 and 460 ladies to achieve a Fenty glow and perfectly dewy skin, even if they’re shade is currently sold out. Far too often women of color settle for mixing several shades, or simply going bare, because it’s easier.
Having had the opportunity to test out some amazing (and tragic) foundations for Black women, we know exactly which brands have the shade range and depth to truly complement our skin tone.
We’ve rounded up the best of the best, so even if you can’t get your hands on the Fenty Beauty Foundation, you’ve got several options to find your new go-to foundation. Keep scrolling to find the best Fenty Foundation dupes for deeper skin tones.
1. Dior: Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 35 ($50, Sephora.com)
2. KOH GEN DO: Aqua Foundation ($66, Sephora.com)
3. LA Girl: Pro Coverage Liquid Foundation ($8.99, Ulta.com)
4. NARS: Sheer Glow Foundation ($47, Sephora.com)
1. CoverGirl: Queen Collection All Day Flawless Foundation ($9.39, Target.com)
2. BECCA: Ultimate Coverage Foundation ($44, Sephora.com)
3. NYX: Total Control Drop Foundation ($13.99, Ulta.com)
1. Black Opal: True Color Skin Perfecting Stick Foundation SPF15 ($9.95, Blackopal.com)
2. KAT VON D: Lock-it Foundation ($35, Sephora.com)
3. MILK MAKEUP: Blur Liquid Matte Foundation ($40, Sephora.com)
4. Sephora Collection: 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation ($20, Sephora.com)Share :