This Is The Only Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe You'll Ever Need
Grandbaby Cakes creator Jocelyn Delk Adams comes through for the holidays!
There’s still time to wow your holiday guests with delicious sweet treats that bring people together. When it comes to feel-good recipes, no one does it quite like Grandbaby Cakes creator Jocelyn Delk Adams. After being inspired by her grandmother’s homemade creations, she created an award-winning brand around classic recipes with a modern and sensible twist.
Adams’ recipe for a flawless chocolate chip cookie is just that—pure baking perfection. In her own words “these perfect soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are the best you will ever find.”
Take your cookie game to another level with the recipe below!
Perfect Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
1½ cups packed brown sugar
1 large egg plus 2 egg yolks at room temperature
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda and put aside.
In the bowl of your mixer, add butter and both granulated and brown sugars and cream together for 3-4 minutes on high until light and fluffy.
Next add in eggs one at a time beating until incorporated. Then add in pure vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
Turn down your mixer to low and add in flour mixture in three intervals beating after each addition until well combined. Lastly, stir in chocolate chips.
Place dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Two hours is even better.
Scoop cookie dough in balls the size of a tablespoon and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet at least 1½ inch apart.
Bake 10-12 minutes. Cookies may seem undone but remove from oven.
To complement this dope recipe, Adams provides the following savvy tips for baking brag-worthy chocolate chip cookies:
- – More brown sugar in this recipe increases moistness due to the addition of molasses.
- – This version replaces on whole egg with two egg yolks. By omitting the egg white, the end result is softer and moister.
- – By adding the secret ingredient cornstarch, the texture of the dough becomes softer and chewier. It’s like magic!
- – My chewy cookies need a little bit of chilling time. By chilling the dough, you create a firmer base that slows spreading and thinning as it bakes. This step is crucial and should not be skipped. Plan ahead when attempting these cookies.
- – This is one of the most important steps for chewy cookies. You must slightly underbake. Underdone cookies are the key to soft cookies for days, though I don’t think these delicious treats will stick around that long.
For more of Adams’ delicious recipes visit her website now.