Coffee Talk: Pauletta and Denzel Washington Honored
Denzel Pauletta Coffee Talk 260 1 Jpg
Oct, 12, 2010 8:08 AM UTC
Here’s your morning cup of steamy Coffee Talk!
- Pauletta and Denzel Washington will be honored with the Prince Rainier III Award. The power couple is being recognized for their careers and amazing philanthropic work. The event will be held at the 28th Annual Princess Grace Awards Gala on Nov. 10th. Congratulations — this is a big deal!
- Two of the biggest names in music are collaborating. Nicki Minaj and Rihanna are coming together for a song called “Raining Men.” This should be interesting… with Rihanna’s style and Minaj’s out-there lyrics, this better make for a good listen… they have a lot to live up to. Check it out on Rihanna’s forthcoming “Loud” album. [Perez Hilton]
- Is Will Smith causing trouble on the “Men in Black 3” set? Page Six is reporting that production has halted for the second time because of Smith and Barry Sonnenfield’s (director) arguments over the script… smh. [NY Post]
- Morgan Freeman will be the 39th recipient of the American Film Institute’s AFI Life Achievement Award. He is the second Black actor in history to be given this award. Sidney Poitier was the first in 1992. Freeman is deserving of this… he’s played everything from high school principals to God. Congratulations! [Black Voices]
- Eminem sat down with Anderson Cooper on this week’s “60 Minutes” and shared some interesting words. He said if he were Black, he wouldn’t be labeled “homophobic or misogynist.” Watch the entire segment and let us know if he’s out of line…[Bossip]
- Ciara is going hard in her new music video,”Gimme Dat.” It’s a hardcore dance video…once she actually starts dancing. Take a look below and be the judge. Are you tired of this or do you want something new from Ciara? [NY Mag]
More from ESSENCE
EntertainmentWendy Williams Is Taking An 'Extended Break' From Her Show After Being Hospitalized For Graves’ Disease
More from ESSENCE
EntertainmentPapoose's New Music Video For 'The Golden Child' Takes Fans Inside Newborn's Baby Shower