Celebrity

50 Cent Plans To Take Legal Action Against NYPD Officer Who Wanted Him Shot 'On Sight'

NEW YORK, NY - JUNE 28: Curtis "50 cent" Jackson performs onstage during the Starz "Power" The Fifth Season NYC Red Carpet Premiere Event & After Party on June 28, 2018 in New York City. (Photo by Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for Starz Entertainment LLC) Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for Starz Entertainment LLC
Paula Rogo
Feb, 18, 2019 3:03 PM UTC

50 Cent is responding to new allegations that an NYPD precinct commander threatened the rapper, and now he plans to take legal action.

50 Cent took to his Twitter to respond to the allegations, which were first published on Sunday by the New York Daily News. Now the NYPD is investigating Deputy Inspector Emanuel Gonzalez, commander of the city’s 72nd precinct in Brooklyn, for allegedly telling officers to shoot 50 Cent “on sight” during a roll call in the station house last June.

“This is how I wake up this morning. This guy Emanuel Gonzales is a dirty cop abusing his POWER. The sad part is this man still has a badge and a gun,” 50 Cent said in a tweet on Sunday. “I take this threat very seriously and I’m consulting with my legal counsel regarding my options moving forward.”

“Now I’m looking at the cops different,” he added.

Roy Richter, president of the NYPD Captains Endowment Association, told CNN that the allegations against Gonzalez were “completely false” and blamed 50 Cent for escalating the situation.

“It was 50 Cent who put the safety of the Inspector and his family in jeopardy by publishing a threatening tweet that called for violence last year,” Richter said.

That tweet has since been deleted.

Outbrain