Essence Festival of Culture™ Download EFOC Mobile App for a Chance to Win Evening Concert Tickets!
YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT THE ESSENCE FESTIVAL OF CULTURE TO WIN THE PRIZE.NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: To enter this Contest, you must: (i) be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry, (ii) be a legal resident of the United States; and (iii) have a smartphone or other device capable of downloading apps. Employees of Essence Communications Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and its affiliates, and their family members, are not eligible to enter.
- Entry Period: From noon Central Daylight Time (CDT) on June 15, 2022 to noon CDT on July 3, 2022 (the “Entry Period”).
- How to Enter: Download the EFOC appduring the Entry Periodand complete the mobile app onboarding form, including your email and cellphone number. You will be automatically entered in the Contest when you submit the completed form. Limit of One (1) Entry per person per app download. In order to download the EFOC App and enter the Contest, you must have Internet access and a valid email address and cellphone number.
- Prizes and Drawings For Winners: There will be 3 Drawings, one for each Evening Concert. The drawings will be held at 1 pm on the day of each concert: 7/1, 7/2 and 7/3. One Winner will be selected at random per drawing, from all eligible entries received prior to noon on the day of the drawing. Each Winner will be awarded 2 Evening Concert tickets for that evening’s concert. The Prize Value is $150 per ticket ($300 per Winner).
The Winner of each drawing will be notified by email and phone after the drawing. The Winner must be present and must pick up their tickets at the main Ticket Information booth in the Convention Center before the Concert each evening.
Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period
- Entrant’s Agreement: By participating in the Contest, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which shall be final and binding in all respects.Sponsor may in its sole discretion amend these Official Rules at any time, without notice, and such amendment(s) shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised Official Rules on the EFOC Website.
Participation in this Contest means that you understand and agree that you may receive additional messages (through your wireless device or otherwise) relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are a potential winner. Entrant’s wireless service standard text messaging and/or data charges may apply to such messages and when the EFOC App is downloaded.
- WINNER VERIFICATION AND PRIZE CONDITIONS: If a Potential Winner (i) cannot be reached, (ii) does not pick up the Tickets within specified time frame, (iii) is found to be ineligible, and/or (iv) declines to accept the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited. In such cases, Sponsor may select an alternate Potential Winner at random from all of the remaining Entries. By accepting the Prize, each Potential Winner agrees to release the Sponsor from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Contest or with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use of any Prize.
There is no substitution or deferral of Prizes. Each Prize consists of tickets to a specific concert. Each Potential Winner hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Prizes are non-transferable and may not be sold or exchanged, or traded in for cash or anything else. Any applicable federal, state, and local taxes/duties on the Prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance/use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- General: Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliated entities, and all other businesses involved in this Contest, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of any Prize. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a Potential Winner. All third-party names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Publicity: Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and its designees’ use for marketing and promotional purposes, in any type of media without further consideration or payment, of Entrant’s names, likeness, image, bio, any written or oral comments or testimonials to, or other feedback on, any Entrant’s experience, and any user generated content, including, without limitation, audio, photographs and still images, and video content (“Likeness”). For the avoidance of doubt, each Entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor and its designees a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, royalty-free and sublicensable right and license to use and display the Entrant’s Likeness in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE APP OR THE EFOC WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF ANY SUCH ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or misdirected e-mail or other transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the Contest or claim a Prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, misconduct, or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, or for any other reason. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if it cannot be executed as planned for any reason or event beyond the Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to a Force Majeure event or occurrence, an “act of God” (e.g., natural disaster, etc.) or an unforeseeable health event (e.g., pandemic) making it inadvisable, impractical, impossible or illegal or which materially affects a parties ability to perform its obligations under this agreement in whole or in part, or if fraud, technical failures, human error or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Contest is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE BONDING, REGISTRATION, OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS WOULD BE REQUIRED BUT HAVE NOT BEEN MET, OR WHERE THE PRESCRIBED METHODS OF ENTRY WOULD BE DEEMED LEGAL CONSIDERATION.
- Limitation of Liability: BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST AND THE TICKET REWARDS REDEE,ED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES,.
- WINNERS LIST REQUEST: To request a Winner’s List for this Contest, please send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope, by August 5, 2022 to: EFOC Mobile AppContest, Essence Communications Inc. 34 35th Street, 5th Floor Brooklyn, NY 11232.
- Copyright Notice: The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright ©2021 Essence Communications Inc. All Rights Reserved.