Law Roach will be on hand at the 2016 ESSENCE Street Style Awards to receive the Style Disrupter award.
If you've ever taken the time to bask in the greatness that is Zendaya's killer wardrobe, you're a fan of Law Roach's work. The stylist has had a hand in the fashion victories of today's biggest stars. The man behind the show-stopping style moments will be honored at the 2016 ESSENCE Street Style Awards. Check out the 7 reasons you need to know who Law Roach is.
1. Law Roach has always been steeped in fashion, beginning his career as a vintage broker collecting and curating rare pieces.
2. His work as a vintage broker became so popular that he opened his own boutiques, Deliciously Vintage Harlem and Deliciously Vintage Chicago before he went full time as a stylist.
3. His work has been featured on the covers of The Source, Marie Claire, ESSENCE and Billboard to name a few.
4. His fashion styling reign doesn't start and end with Zendaya. He's been credited with refreshing the wardrobe of Celine Dion whom he says is a "fearless" dresser. He also styles big name stars like Skai Jackson, Ariana Grande, Monica, Brandy and Tamar Braxton.
5. He can now add designer to his resume. Law teamed up with Zendaya for hot new shoe line, Daya and it's been getting amazing reviews.
6. His skills are versatile. The stylist once revealed that he's love to work with Gabourey Sidibe. “[I’d love to style] Gabourey Sidibe. I feel like a lot of people underestimate her beauty and I can definitely have a moment with her. I grew up and was raised around women with her shape, so I feel like I know and understand how to dress her body type.”
7. You'll be seeing a lot more of Law Roach. The style star has been tapped as one of the newest judges for America's Next Top Model.
Want to mix and mingle with Law Roach and other big names in the fashion industry? Make sure you RSVP to the 2016 ESSENCE Street Style Awards today!