Try these steps for your best twist-out yet!
The long, hot days of summer are finally here which means it’s time to give your flat iron a break. Instead, go for a fun, easy look like a two-strand twist out. Not only is it super easy to do, but it can last you for at least week–especially if you use products from the Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco collection. Try these steps for your best twist-out yet!
1. Prep the hair by spritzing dry strands all over with the Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco Strength & Shine Leave-In Conditioner. This two-phase formula contains pure Argan Oil as well as a strengthening protein complex to protect against damage and heat styling, so be sure to shake well before each use to activate the formula. Not only does it moisturize, but it also detangles hair making for an easy comb-through.
2. Next, apply a few drops of the Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco 100% Pure Argan Oil into palms and rub into each section of hair. Not only does it smell divine, but it works to restore moisture to the hair and scalp as well as protect against damage. It’s light enough to be used daily and layered with the rest of our products.
3. Section hair into four parts and use butterfly hair clips to hold the sections that you aren’t working with in place.
4. Twist small sections of hair using the Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco Pudding Perfection Curl Enhancing Creme from roots to tips and throughout the entire head. Enriched with moisture, this curl-enhancing creme works to provide soft hold and smooth curls. There’s no frizz, shrinkage or dryness in sight! Only soft, stretched curls with Exotic Shine. ™
5. Set your twists by sitting under the dryer for 30 minutes to an hour or let hair dry overnight. If sleeping on at night, be sure to wrap the hair using a silk bonnet in order to keep the twists in place.
6. Take down your twists using fingers. Be sure to separate each twist into two to three parts using a dab of Creme of Nature with Argan Oil from Morocco 100% Pure Argan Oil on fingertips to avoid frizz.
7. Use a wide-tooth comb to stretch hair at the roots and then shake loose for the best looking curls.
WANT MORE FROM ESSENCE? Subscribe to our daily newsletter for the latest in hair, beauty, style and celebrity news.