After this weekend's Bad Boy Family Reunion shows at Brooklyn's Barclays Center, we are even more hype for Puff Daddy & the Family to come through and rock the New Orleans Superdome at ESSENCE Festival on July 4th weekend. While we haven't confirmed all of the Family members who will be there, we have some pretty good hunches. Here are the Top 5 moments that would give us life:
5. The returns of Total and 112. Yes, hip-hop is at the heart of Puff Daddy & the Family. But at the reunion show, we were reminded that R&B also lives strong in the Bad Boy legacy through these groups.
4. The reunion of Puff Daddy and Mase. Sorry, Batman and Robin, but these two are the true dynamic duo. We’re putting all of our energy out there for them to team up again on “Been Around the World.” We only wish Biggie could be there too.
3. “It’s All About the Benjamins.” Lil’ Kim was on fire at the Bad Boy Family Reunion, and we’re hoping that she’ll bring the heat to NOLA for this epic collab with Puff Daddy and the LOX. (And we’re here for Lil’ Kim solo joints too.)
2. The whole crew on “I’ll Be Missing You.” The emotional high point is likely to be when Faith Evans—who is also performing her own solo set at ESSENCE Fest—and the rest of the crew join Puff Daddy for this smash tribute to the dearly departed Biggie.
1. The first Diddy bop. He may be going by Puff Daddy again now, but the moment we see him break into his first Diddy bop, the party is officially on!