The political commentator and activist officially bid adieu to the network show on Sunday morning.
The time has come for Melissa Harris-Perry to end her time at MSNBC.
Harris-Perry tweeted a farewell on Sunday morning to the beloved audience of her Melissa Harris-Perry weekend news and opinion talk show.
Her tweet came after she walked off the set of her show on Friday, The New York Times reports.
Harris-Perry notified co-workers via email that her show had been "taken away from her" and her contribution to the network was deemed "worthless."
"Here is the reality: Our show was taken—without comment or discussion or notice—in the midst of an election season," she said in the email.
The show, which has been on the air since 2012, the award-winning commentator said she and her fellow staffers were "effectively and utterly silenced."
"I will not be used as a tool for their purposes," she continued aimed towards NBC News chairman Andrew Lack or MSNBC President Phil Griffin.
Both Lack and Griffin have been heavily involved in her show as of late and it's a decision Harris-Perry said is the reason for her show's blind-sided cancellation.
"I am not a token, mammy or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by Lack, Griffin or MSNBC. I love our show. I want it back."