Were You Feeling Zendaya’s Mullet at The Grammys?
When it comes to hairstyles, Zendaya Coleman isn’t afraid to take chances. She’s always trying a new look (we love her in wigs) and she seemingly masters each style. Last night the singer took another hairstyle risk and wore an ombre mullet. The look paid homage to the late David Bowie, but would we must say it’s an androgynous style that many can’t pull off. She also paired it with a menswear-inspired Dsquared2 suit that is equally daring. We think her hair is a wig, but just in case you’re looking to recreate the look yourself, get the step-by-step instructions below:
1. First, apply a small amount of oil or moisturizer throughout the hair to strengthen and add shine
2. To prepare the hair for blow-drying, apply a styling cream through the hair and section into two parts (the nape and crown). Secure the crown area with a large clip.
3. Using a small CHI Turbo Paddle Brush begin blow drying the hair starting at the nape to create a smooth sleek finish with a CHI Touch 2 Touch Screen Hair Dryer. Continue to the crown area switching to a medium CHI Ceramic Round Brush to smooth and lift each section.
4. After blow drying, take a large tooth comb and lightly comb through the hair for a natural looking smooth finish.
5. To finish, spray the hair with hairspray or texture spray for added style definition, body and flexible hold.