It is that time of the year! The weather is cooler everyone is getting in the holiday spirit and your hair is feeling a little dehydrated. The fall is one of my favorite seasons because I can experiment with DIY hair masques that provide a ton of moisture. One of my favorite DIY hair masques includes two of your favorite thanksgiving foods: avocado and pumpkin. Pumpkin is packed with vitamin A and potassium, which is ideal for your hair and scalp. Avocado is known to moisturize your hair and it also promotes hair that feels soft and is more elastic. Avocados also have very high fat content that makes hair less dry and prone to breakage. Below you will find my pumpkin avocado hair masque recipe that’s perfect for extremely dry hair. And best of all, it’s really easy to make.
Here is what you will need:
1 small pumpkin
1 very ripe avocado
1 Tablespoon of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 Tablespoon of honey water – to add to your mixture
1 blender a fine mesh strainer
1 container to hold the mask
1. Chop your avocado and pumpkin into small to medium pieces. It does not have to be perfect.
2. Add the avocado and pumpkin to the blender and blend until you get the consistency that you would like.
3. Strain the mixture to ensure that you do not have pumpkin or avocado residue in your hair.
4. Add your EVOO and honey to the mixture, stir it up and apply the mixture to damp hair.
5. Allow mixture to sit on your hair for 15-20 minutes. Rinse and then condition your hair.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday!