Our Curvy Model of the Month Britnee Blair on how to beat the heat and keep your curves in check.
Our Curvy Model of The Month Britnee Blair tells us how to beat the heat and keep your curves in check!
1. Substitue Shapewear - Instead of struggling to get into shapewear –– not to mention the sauna effect while wearing it (we all know the struggle!) –– opt for a tight cami underneath your attire or high-waisted briefs, making sure the brief goes up to the bra band. This will help flatten the tummy a bit with the same effect of shapewear but with less struggle and heat.
2. Accentuate Your Arms - I find a cute 3/4 length cardigan always accentuates the arms and is light enough to wear over a cute dress and tank. Also, roll up those sleeves ladies! This exposes the thinnest parts of your arm (from elbow to wrist) and gives the illusion of a slender shape.
3. Avoid Clinging - This is a major one! I literally experience this all time being a thick-thighed woman. I recently discovered this new lace bandeau type material called Bandalettes that you place on each of your upper thighs! They prevent the chaffing as well any unwanted sweat and clingy material.
Top 3 easy to maneuver in summer items/my summer go-tos would have to be:
Fool-Proof Summer Picks!
4. Rock A Romper - A cute romper! It's essential and easily dressed up or down with a simple bold lip and a little bling with heels. You could always also just rock it with flats and a cardigan as well.
5. Overalls Make A Comeback - Jean overalls, I prefer the shorts overalls, but either works depending on where you're going and how hot it is. This can be worn with a simple tee or even a cropped-top and some Converse
6. Get High-Waisted - High-waisted shorts. Big or small, curvy or not, high-waisted shorts are in this summer! They're absolutely adorable on a curvy body, and do a great of accentuating the waist and shaping the booty.