Lupita Nyong'o Poses for Vogue Italia, 12 Years a Slave Releases historic DVD extras, Kenan Thomas to be a father and Charlie Wilson to receive Spirit of Los Angeles Award.
Here's why we're adding a dash of hazelnut to our coffee this morning:
- Keyshia Cole has run into some financial trouble. According to a lien filed last November the government is claiming that the star owes approximately $162,158.93 to the IRS. In 2009 the singer failed to pay taxes following a profitable year where she headlined a tour featuring TLC, Lil Kim and The Dream. [PerezHilton]
- Lupita Nyong'o is not only a Hollywood It girl but a high fashion muse. The Kenyan beauty covers Vogue Italia's February issue shot by Tom Munro. She looks stunning in edgy action shots in pieces styled by Patti Wilson. [MadameNoire]
- Charlie Wilson will receive the 2014 Spirit of Los Angeles Award from Mayor Eric Garcetti at the city's African American Heritage Month Celebration on February 11. "Charlie is a role model because he is an example of the success you can have through faith and determination. He is one of the hardest working vocalists in America, working 75 to 100 shows a year, and he is certainly one of the most talented," said Mayor Garcetti. The award will honor his music career, as well as his ability to overcome addiction and homelessness. [Yahoo]
- Saturday Night Live's Kenan Thompson is going to be a dad. His wife, model Christina Evangeline is expecting a baby boy. The couple has been trying to expand their family for a while now and are about 4 months along. Congratulations! [TMZ]
- 12 Years a Slave will be released by Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment on DVD and Blu-ray on March 4. The small screen version of the film will include a documentary about how the film came together. "A Historical Portrait" will feature readings from the film's star Chiwetel Ejiofor. Although this special feature will only be included in the Blu-ray version, both the DVD and Blu-ray will offer additional behind-the-scene segments on the films creative team and music compositions. [HollywoodReporter]