Kanye West confirms the release date of his Adidas collection, Nicki Minaj stars in romantic comedy The Other Woman, George Zimmerman's lawyer faces ethics complaint, Wayne Brady will host 2014 BET honors.
Here's why we're opting for hot chocolate this morning:
- Shaunie O'Neal has lost a court battle with Shaquille O'Neal; a judge rejected her bid for an order allowing her to feature her kids in a new reality show. Shaq, who has joint custody is worried that having cameras in their home will distract the children and that the show will paint them in a bad light. Filming for the show is scheduled to begin in January. [Eurweb]
- Kanye West has confirmed that the official date for the release of his Adidas collection will be in September 2014. The collection will include men's and women's sportswear as well as a few standalone stores. [Vibe]
- Nicki Minaj is taking her talents to the big screen with romantic comedy The Other Woman. Nicki will play a concerned friend of Cameron Diaz's character who is dating a married man. [TheUrbanDaily]
- George Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara faces an ethics complaint filed against him over his handling of the Trayvon Martin trail. Although it is unclear who filed the complaint, the filing and pending investigation has been confirmed by the Florida Bar. [Eurweb]
- Wayne Brady has signed as the host of the 2014 BET honors. "Being able to host the BET honors in our nations capital is definitely "Bucket List" material for me," said Brady. "Not too often do you get to pay homage to the industry icons you look up to, in front of your peers." The show will air on February 24 at 9 p.m. on BET. [Eurweb]