Washington will be joined by Diahann Carroll, who will play his mother.
See why we're drinking black coffee:
• Denzel Washington is heading back to Broadway! The legendary actor will be part of the ensemble cast in a revival of A Raisin in the Sun. According to Washington's interview on Live with Kelly & Michael, Diahann Carroll will play the actor's mother. "So this will be her first time back in 30 years, I'm excited," said Washington. Carroll's last Broadway performance was in Agnes of God in 1983. Previews for the new show begin in March 2014. Before Washington's upcoming Broadway stint, catch him in 2 Guns, which opens this Friday. [EURweb]
• DMX filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The rapper claims he only has $50,000 in assets and owes anywhere between $1 and $10 million to various creditors and institutions. DMX, who was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated in South Carolina over the weekend, reportedly owes $1.24 million in back child support and roughly $21,000 in an auto lease. [RollingStone]
• Oprah Winfrey, fresh off her trip to the Serengeti, will host a fundraiser for Newark, New Jersey Mayor Cory Booker. Tickets range from $1,000 to $2,600 each and nearly 200 people are expected to attend. All proceeds will go toward Booker's campaign to the Senate. Primary elections are scheduled for mid-August. [Grio]
• R&B star Lyfe Jennings released the video for his new single, "Boomerang." It's the lead song off the singer's latest album, LUCID. Check it out here. [YouTube]
• Count Drake in! The rapper is the latest star to be added to the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. Drake will hit the stage on September 21st, days after his latest album is released. Other notable acts scheduled to perform at the festival include Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry and Elton John. [RollingStone]