Some of the world's top global brands will be present at the 2013 ESSENCE Festival, offering samples, makeovers, test-drives, celebrity meet-and-greets and more.
The 2013 ESSENCE Festival musical lineup incluces Beyoncé, Maxwell, New Edition, Charlie Wilson, Brandy and Jill Scott. And in addition to the great performances, attendees can hear esteemed innovators such as Reverend Al Sharpton and Iyanla Vanzant speak during the event's Empowerment Experience.
As if that's not enough, leading global brands will come together for a weekend of great music, rich cultural experiences, delicious samples, makeovers, vehicle test drives, celebrity meet-and-greets and more.
From Presenting Sponsor Coca-Cola to major sponsors Walmart, Ford, McDonald’s, My Black Is Beautiful, Verizon and State Farm, fans will experience unmatched consumer engagement each day at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and throughout the city of New Orleans. Official sponsors MSNBC, Coors Light, TV One and Visa Prepaid will also connect with Festival-goers in unique ways.
The ESSENCE Center Stage in the Convention Center is at the epicenter of everything Hot Right Now at the ESSENCE Festival throughout the weekend. Attendees will engage with ESSENCE editors and a slew of celebrities who will be on full display on the ESSENCE Center Stage each day. Exclusive category, vendor and media partner participants will have an opportunity to interact with the ESSENCE reader and showcase their brand message through live moments. In addition, attendees will have a chance to engage with celebrities and personalities in the Fan Zone as well as buy official merchandise, ESSENCE subscriptions and official ESSENCE-branded photos.
Highlights of sponsored events and initiatives include:
• Coca-Cola invites you to visit their booth at the Convention Center to enjoy celebrity guests, performances, prizes and ice-cold Coca-Cola! Visit coke.com/essencefestival to learn more.
• Stop by the Ford booth and register for your chance to win the keys to a 2013 Fusion as well as experience a live broadcast of The Steve Harvey Morning Show, test drive vehicles and Celebrity Appearances.
• Visit the McDonald’s® booth in the Convention Center on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for their free concert series, fun activities and free McCafé samples. Also, check out the prestigious 365Black® Awards on Saturday, July 6th in the New Orleans Theater in the Convention Center above Hall H!
• Sponsored by Clairol, CoverGirl, Olay and Pantene, visit the My Black is Beautiful booth for a makeover and mini photo shoot to celebrate your best beauty and wellness. We look forward to celebrating your beautiful inside out! Join us at www.facebook.com/mbib
• Follow your fashion sense with confidence and those oh-so stylish savings to the State Farm booth for VIP accessories and surprise guests. Every penny saved with State Farm can go towards the things that help keep you in style!
• Visit the Verizon booth to experience the Samsung Galaxy S4 on the nation’s most powerful 4G LTE network and enter to win great prizes and more. Learn about the Powerful Network and for the chance to meet celebrity guests like Jill Scott, Marvin Sapp and more.
• Visit the Walmart booth on Sunday afternoon where you can meet Anika Noni Rose and learn more about African-American history. You can also celebrate Black love and learn from successful celebrity couples with faith at the core of their foundation.
• Come enjoy the Summer’s Most Refreshing Beer and see who’s New Orleans’ Coldest MC, with Coors Light® Search for the Coldest®. Learn more at SearchForTheColdest.com.
• From July 5-7, you can join Reverend Al Sharpton, Chris Matthews, Melissa Harris-Perry, Alex Wagner, Ed Schultz and more of your favorite hosts at MSNBC Studio Square in the Convention Center.
• TV One is a proud sponsor of the ESSENCE Festival ™ featuring appearances by TV One’s hottest talent including the sizzling R&B Divas. Also and catch Roland Martin at the Empowerment Experience panels.
• Create a splash at this year's ESSENCE Festival™ when you Liquify yourself at this photo interactive experience. Visit the Visa® Prepaid / Chase Liquid® booth to snap your picture and share with friends and family. More people GO with Visa.
For more information and the latest news about the ESSENCE Festival, please visit ESSENCE Festival essencefestival.com. Join the Festival community: follow us on Twitter @Essencefest #EssenceFest and become a fan of 2013 ESSENCE Festival on Facebook.