Celebrity MUA Tia Dantzler shares her must-have products for filling in your brows.
If you’re in need of get-glam tips and tricks, help is here. Each week, our guest beauty expert and celebrity makeup artist Tia Dantzler, will answer your most pressing questions, share expert advice and recommend must-have products.
Q. My eyebrows are disappearing due to a thyroid condition. What products do your recommend for filling in sparse brows?
A. Here are three easy steps and techniques to achieving long-lasting eyebrows:
- Start off by making sure your eyebrow area is free of excess oils.
- Use a brow pencil one shade deeper than your skin tone with a light touch to create the shape of your brows.
- Finish up with a brow powder in the same color tone as your brow pencil to fill in and create more definition and long-lasting eyebrows.
There are so many great brow powders on the market, but here are some of my favorites!
- Jane Iredale PureBrow Gel ($16.50) and Bitty Brow Kit ($27)
- Anastasia Duo Brow Powder ($23)
- MAC eyeshadows ($15)
Got a beauty question for Tia? Email BeautyEditors@essence.com.
Tia Dantzler is a celebrity makeup artist who counts President Barack Obama, Jennifer Hudson, Viola Davis, and Kanye West as some of her clients. Her instructional DVD, Red Carpet Beauty Secrets, offers get-glam tips for the beauty lover on a budget. Follow her @TiaDantzler.