The couple wed in a very private ceremony on their rooftop yesterday.
Check out why we're having hot croissants with our brew:
• New York Knick superstar Amar'e Stoudemire is a married man. The athlete and his longtime girlfriend, Alexis Welch, finally tied the knot in a private ceremony yesterday, 12-12-12. The couple exchanged vows on their rooftop and invited 12 people. The couple's three kids were also on hand and participated in the ceremony. An insider says the lovebirds are planning a bigger wedding this summer so all of his teammates can attend. Welch reportedly wore a custom-made wedding dress, while Stoudemire wore a Calvin Klein suit. Congrats to the happy couple. [NYDailyNews]
• Yesterday's 12-12-12 concert at Madison Square Garden for Hurricane Sandy Relief raised $30 million. The six-hour star-studded concert featured the likes of Alicia Keys, Kanye West and more. [NY Post]
• Miami Heat basketball player Dwyane Wade is planning to expand his brand. This coming New York Fashion Week, Wade will launch a new shoe line called WADE. He teamed up with designer Alejandro Ingelmo. Shoppers can expect the shoes to be a mix of lifestyle and basketball sneakers. [The Grio]
• Quincy Jones is excited about receiving the Ahmet Ertegun Award from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He told Rolling Stone shortly after learning the news, "I'm turning 80 next year, so it's a great way to celebrate it. I'm really reconnecting with my entire family now, because through NARAS and the Grammys I've been connected with the people in the music business." [Rolling Stone]
• Brandy believes Whitney Houston may have gone crazy because she couldn't sing as well anymore. She told The Boom Box, "Oh course, there's more to you than your voice, but that's what you used to share. That's what you use to give. It's your purpose. It's what you were born to do… it probably drove her insane. It probably drove her insane." [The Boom Box]