Judge Debra Nelson ruled that Zimmerman will remain under electronic monitoring and must remain in Seminole County.
Today judge Debra Nelson denied George Zimmerman's request to remove his GPS ankle bracelet.
According to the Orlando Sentinel, Nelson also denied Zimmerman's request to lower his $1 million bond. He must also remain in Seminole County.
Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara previously filed a motion asking that his client's tracking device be removed because he "needs to be able to travel more freely… for reasons of his own personal safety and… to have the ability to assist his defense by meeting with witnesses, including experts."
O'Mara said during today's court proceedings that Zimmerman doesn't need to live under the constraints set by the previous judge. "This is not a person who has missed court appearances," O'Mara said. "He wants to be here. He's looking forward to an immunity hearing and a trial."
On the other hand, Judge Nelson did grant Zimmerman's defense permission to re-depose Sanford police investigator William Erwin, whom was reportedly present when the police played 911 audio for Trayvon Martin's father. In addition, the state must turn in the original interview audio between Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump and Trayvon's girlfriend—as she was on the phone during the incident and is a key witness.
Zimmerman is accused of shooting unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in February and faces a second-degree murder charge. Zimmerman claims self-defense.
The trial gets underway on June 13.