The reigning queen of pop will executive produce and star in Styled to Rock.
Check out why we're having hot pancakes with our hazelnut brew:
• Rihanna's set to bring her fashionable eye to the Style Network. Coming in the 2013, Rihanna will star in and executive produce Styled to Rock—a fashion design reality competition show. The network has thus far ordered 10 hour-long episodes featuring the hand-picked designers who will design pieces for various celebrities. "Fashion has always played an integral part in my life and career," said Rihanna. "I am so excited to partner with Style Network and share my creative insight with these 12 designers and give them this opportunity to showcase their work." [Deadline]
• L.A. Laker Kobe Bryant can grin ear-to-ear today. The superstar became the fifth NBA player in history to score 30,000 points. Bryant began his career 17-years ago with the Charlotte Hornets—whom he beat last night. "It's funny how sports always seem to kind of have that connectivity, in some shape, form or fashion," said Bryant. "It just always seems to come full circle." [Grio]
• Jennifer Hudson encouraged her family members to drop the pounds, too. Together, they've lost more than 2,000 pounds. "It's great because before we eat—say, before a holiday or a big family reunion—lots of us are saying, "how many points is this, how many points is that, so we're together on it," said Hudson. She's lost 80 pounds since joining the program years ago. [Lucky]
• LL Cool J says his new album, Authentic Hip-Hop, won't be catering to today's teenagers. "It's mature," said the veteran rapper. "I'm not pandering to chase teenagers. They're welcome to listen to it, but it's really a record for their parents… but it's for the their parents who know the words to 'Rapper's Delight,' know the words to 'The Message,' know my songs, know my music." [Rolling Stone]
• Tyler Perry released the poster for his upcoming film, Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confession of a Marriage Counselor. He said in a statement that the film is about a woman who gets restless in her relationship and her decision to get with someone else affects everything else. "She's on a journey—in her career and in her marriage—and she ends up in a very different place than she expected." [Huffington Post]