Cedric the Entertainer and Niecy Nash will return for a brand new season next year.
See why we're having a pumpkin spice latte:
• Cedric the Entertainer and Niecy Nash have lots to celebrate this morning. Their TV Land sitcom, Soul Man, was renewed for a second season. Cedric tweeted, "Just got word #TheSoulMan has been picked up for season #2. Thank all of you who wrote in and/or just watched me @NiecyNash bout to turn up!" The comedy series averaged 1.06M weekly viewers. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Michelle Obama is a fan Downton Abbey. The First Lady loves the show so much she requested and received the show's third season ahead of its scheduled January air date. Oh, to be the First Lady of the United States! [E! Online]
• Jesse Jackson Jr. has left the Mayo Clinic where he was being treated for bipolar disorder. It's unclear where he is now. Jackson was re-elected to Congress this past election week. He remains under investigation on suspicion that he misused campaign funds. He's allegedly working out a plea deal where he may lose his post and do jail time. [Huffington Post]
• Nick Cannon says he changes more diapers than his wife, Mariah Carey. The DJ and comedian chatted with Anderson Cooper about raising his twins. "I mean, we all do it but for some reason I get that duty a little bit more. I am not scared of it. I go in, I put the gloves on," said Cannon. [Anderson Cooper]
• After numerous rumors and blogger-buzz, Brandon T. Jackson was officially cast in CBS's new Beverly Hills Cop sitcom. Jackson will play Axel Foley's son, a Detroit police officer. It's unclear if Eddie Murphy will make regular appearances on the show. [E! Online]