"What I want to establish with my children is a partnership," said Smith.
See why we're adding a dash of skim milk to our brew:
• Jada Pinkett Smith is opening up about her parenting style. The mother of three says, "I think that old school style of 'I'm your parent and I'm greater than you' doesn't work. What I want to establish with my children is a partnership. I'm not necessarily dictating what is happening in their lives." She went on to share that she's working to give her kids confidence to be themselves. "[I'm] instilling in [Willow] the power of individuality. We communicate with our kids in a way that our message overpowers any other message that they get out there." What's your parenting style? [People]
• With five days until the election, the First Couple will make key appearances at campaign rallies around the nation. Today President Obama will make a pit stop in Las Vegas before heading off to Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Virginia, New Hampshire, Florida, Colorado and more this coming weekend. Are you ready to rock the vote next Tuesday? [Hollywood Reporter]
• Rihanna's British fashion reality show has been axed. Styled to Rock was canceled after poor ratings and terrible production, reports the Daily Mail. The singer only made three appearances on the show and even enlisted the help of Kanye West and Katy Perry. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to save it. [Daily Mail]
• Oprah's OWN continues to show improvement. According to reports, the network posted ratings increases for the ninth straight month. The news comes as no surprise given the network's hit show, Oprah's Next Chapter, where Oprah interviews major stars such as Rihanna, Usher and the Houston family. [EURweb]
• Love & Hip-Hop stars Mimi Faust and Ariane Davis hit the campaign trail in Wisconsin recently. The duo stopped at Milwaukee barbershops and beauty salons to encourage people to vote early and to discuss a number of hot button issues including women's rights. Take a look at their campaign efforts: