The former NFL star could spend a year in jail if convicted.
See why we're having green tea instead of coffee:
• Former NFL star Chad Johnson was officially charged with misdemeanor battery. Johnson head-butted Evelyn Lozada, his wife of six weeks, last month during a heated argument. If convicted, Johnson could face up to one year in jail. Since the incidence occurred, Lozada has filed for divorce. Johnson reportedly refuses to sign any papers. [TMZ]
• Sunday Best star Le'Andria Johnson gave birth to her fourth child yesterday. According to a press release, little Caelington Forrest Walker came in weighing six pounds and 14 oz. The baby arrived less than a week before her new album, Le'Andria Johnson: The Experience, hits stores.
• Could former American Idol judge, Paula Abdul, be heading to Dancing with the Stars? The '90s hit-maker was overheard at New York Fashion Week saying she'll be performing on the ABC show in November. She also allegedly said she's going to appear on the Today show as well. [NY Post]
• The two white police officers who were being investigated for allegedly racial profiling Tyler Perry have been exonerated. Perry described the incident as "hostile" and that he felt unsafe when two police officers stopped him over the summer. According to CNN, an internal affairs officer reported that he submitted evidence showing "the actions of both officers with the regard to the traffic stop of Mr. Perry were justified, lawful and proper." Perry was unavailable for comment. [CNN]
• Is Rihanna preparing for yet another album? The pop-princess is said to be releasing a brand new single on September 17th. The news comes just days after she announced plans for a North American tour in the spring of 2013. [TGJ]