"I felt like a girl misunderstood" said Alicia Keys on describing her new album.
Guess what flavor coffee we're having today:
- Alicia Keys is in full album mode these days. The talented singer took to her personal website to share details about her upcoming project, including its title, Girl on Fire. "Let me just say before making this record, in some ways I felt like a lion locked in a cage," wrote Keys in a journal entry. "I felt like a girl misunderstood that no one really knew, I felt like it was time to stop making excuses for any part of my life that I wanted to change. Once I made that choice I became a Girl on Fire, the lion broke free!" [Alicia Keys]
- Both Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith will be producing a documentary on Kanye West and Jay-Z's Watch the Throne tour. Set to debut at the Toronto Film Festival this fall, the film will take a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the music and tour. [Grio]
- Is LL Cool J plotting a return to music? The rapper turned actor, who's prepping for the fourth season of NCIS: Los Angeles, says his new album is "authentic hip-hop." He promises to release the album some time next year. [EURweb]
- Is Zoe Saldana replacing Mary J. Blige in an upcoming Nina Simone biopic? According to Shadow and Act the two are swapping. The film has experienced a number of setbacks in recent months. It was originally slated to begin filming last May, but was ultimately delayed. Messages were not returned from Saldana's publicist regarding the situation. [Shadow and Act]
- Chad Johnson issued a statement regarding his recent domestic violence dispute with his soon-to-be ex-wife, Evelyn Lozada. "I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death," said Johnson. "To all the fans and supports I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies. I will stay positive and get through this tough period in my life." [EURweb]