Less than 24-hours after his domestic violence dispute, Chad Johnson loses his job.
See why we're having a double shot of espresso:
- Things appear to be heading downhill for Chad Johnson, who allegedly head-butted his new wife, Basketball Wives star Evelyn Lozada, over the weekend. Just 24 hours after the domestic violence arrest, Johnson was let go from the Miami Dolphins. Also, we're learning that this weekend's incident was not Johnson's first domestic dispute. While in college, he was charged with domestic violence after a fight with then-girlfriend Chevon Jex. As a result, he served probation and took anger management classes. [TMZ] [USA Today]
- Laila Ali completed her very first triathlon over the weekend. The mother of two completed the New York City Triathlon six minutes past her goal time. "I gained about 40 pounds with my second pregnancy," said Ali. "I have gotten most of the weight off but the last 10 is a challenge because I live to eat! I figured all the running and swimming would get the last bit off." [EURweb]
- Gabby Douglas, along with her teammates, will serve as special contributors to NBC's Today this week. The "Fierce Five" won't be the only Olympians stepping into the spotlight: Gold medalists David Boudia, Allyson Felix and more will reportedly appear on the morning show. [Hollywood Reporter]
- John Legend is feeling under the weather. After flying around the world on a hectic schedule, Legend checked himself into a New York City hospital this weekend. A rep for the singer says he's being treated for flu-like symptoms. [TMZ]
- Is Terrence J heading to Entertainment Tonight? News is circulating that the actor and former 106 & Park host will join the program very soon. It looks like he'll be following in the footsteps of A.J. Calloway, who joined Extra! after leaving 106 & Park in 2005. [EURweb]